Geko Cloud at KubeCon and CloudNativeCon 2022.
From May 16 to 20, the European edition of the Linux World Congress was held at Feria Valencia, one of the main annual international events held within the technological ecosystem.
The convention, organized by the Cloud Native Computing Foundation, is aimed at the main open source and cloud native communities.
The celebration at Feria València of KubeCon and CloudNativeCon marks the return to face-to-face attendance at this convention.
Part of the Geko Cloud team has been present at the congress to promote networking between providers and clients.
They have also attended the most relevant conferences, with the aim of reinforcing and consolidating knowledge.
The congress has brought together more than 5,000 highly specialized professionals in the field of open source and cloud computing, mainly from Europe but also from the United States and another 10,000 who have followed the event online. In addition, more than 200 leading firms in this technology have also participated as exhibitors and sponsors.
This new edition has surprised us thanks to the great ecosystem and the great potential of the project (CNCF) related to the cloud native.
This year a wide portfolio of products oriented to Companies has been presented. It should be noted that the novelty curve is flattening to make way for the Enterprise part. For the last 4 years, the technical community has been paving the way and giving way to companies and we are not just talking about startups, but corporates or large-scale companies in sectors such as banking, pharmaceuticals, food, etc.
We share the most outstanding news and trends of the KubeCon and CloudNativeCon congress
- OpenTelemetry: Open source project incubated by the CNCF (second in number of commits), provides a single open source standard and set of technologies to capture and export traces, metrics and, in the near future, logs from your infrastructure and applications cloud native.
- GitOps: A best-practice process for managing infrastructure and app configurations using Git, an open source version control system, as the single source of truth for applications and declarative infrastructure.
- Gatekeeper: Allows you to manage policies in Kubernetes. Policies enforce what fields and values are allowed to be used in a given resource. Has the ability to modify resources based on conditions.
- Cluster API: Set of APIs focused on provisioning, updating and operating multiple Kubernetes clusters. It allows managing these resources through CRDs.
- FluxCD: GitOps tool equivalent to ArgoCD, it does a lot of application in security (avoid possible privilege escalations, etc), although it does not have a GUI (all management is done through cli). There is a Terraform provider to manage your resources.
- KubeLinter: Tool that analyzes YAMLs and Helm charts against a series of best practices with a focus on security. It is highly configurable (enable/disable checks) and allows you to generate a recommendation report.
- Sigstore: Modular collection of projects that can be used independently or together, with the aim of simplifying and making software signing more transparent.
About KubeCon + CloudNativeCon 2022 Europe
Cloud-native technologies enable organizations to build and run scalable applications in modern, dynamic environments such as public, private, and hybrid clouds. Containers, service meshes, microservices, immutable infrastructure, and declarative APIs exemplify this approach.
These techniques enable loosely coupled systems that are resilient, manageable, and observable. Combined with robust automation, they enable engineers to make high-impact changes frequently and predictably with minimal effort.
The Cloud Native Computing Foundation seeks to drive adoption of this paradigm by fostering and maintaining an ecosystem of open source and vendor-independent projects. We democratize the latest generation patterns so that these innovations are accessible to everyone.
More information about KubeCon + CloudNativeCon 2022 HERE